Ever since the 3rd season of the hit show Narcos Mexico was released in November 2021, everybody is waiting for Narcos Mexico Season 4. Made after another hit Netflix series Narcos, which chronicled the life of Pablo Escobar, the infamous Colombian drug lord, Narcos Mexico focuses on the drug trafficking in Mexico, especially the one carried out by the Guadalajara Cartel.
The 1st season of the series was released in 2018, with 10 episodes. The 2nd one, again with 10 episodes, was released in 2020, and the 3rd one on November 5, 2021. All seasons of the show received great critical feedback, for instance, getting 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. So, everyone is quite eager for a new season to drop. However, let’s see if that’s going to happen anytime soon.
Narcos Mexico Season 4 Release Date
Unfortunately, we come bearing bad news: Netflix canceled Narcos Mexico ahead of its Season 3 release, stating that both the showrunners and the platform agreed that the show does not need another season. Of course, as we knew that Narcos too only aired for 3 seasons, there was this expectation towards this series being 3 seasons too. Yet, we were still hoping for the show to continue a little bit more. It does not seem like Narcos Mexico Season 4 is going to happen as the showrunners clearly announced that they do not see a need to make the series continue.
So, the show does not have a release date or a trailer as we are not going to be seeing the continuity of the show again. However, one piece of good news can be given about another upcoming show that will include the co-creator and the executive producer of Narcos Mexico. The show will be about Griselda Blanco, the famous Colombian drug queen, and she will be played by Modern Family’s one and only Sofia Vergara. The filming for the series is going to begin in 2022 and the series is expected to come in 2023 or early 2024.
If you are interested in other crime dramas, read our article on Why Is Money Heist Cancelled? – Money Heist Season 6
Narcos Mexico Cast
The Narcos Mexico cast members are as follows:
- Michael Peña as Kiki Camarena
- Alyssa Diaz as Mika Camarena
- Diego Luna as Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo
- Tenoch Huerta as Rafael “Rafa” Caro Quintero
- Joaquín Cosío as Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo
- Teresa Ruiz as Isabella Bautista
- Scoot McNairy as Walt Breslin
- Alejandro Edda as Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán
Narcos Mexico Characters
Now, let’s dig into who are the main characters of the show and which real-life individuals they are based on.
- Kiki Camarena is based on a real DEA agent of the same name. In the series, Camarena works to collect as much information on the Guadalajara Cartel to take it down. In real life, Camarena was kidnapped, tortured, and then murdered by the members of the cartel.
- Mika Camarena is Kiki’s wife. In real life, Kiki’s wife is also named Mika. They had 3 sons.
- Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo is the head of the aforementioned cartel. He is also known as El Jefe de Jefes (The Boss of Bosses). Gallardo was arrested for the murder of Camarena and he has been serving his 40-year-sentence since then.
- Rafael Caro Quintero is one of the co-founders of the Guadalajara Cartel. He was also imprisoned for 40 years for the above-mentioned murder but was freed in 2013 after a state court concluded that his initial trial was improperly done. However, later an arrest warrant was issued against him, yet he is still a fugitive.
- Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo, a.k.a Don Neto, is also one of the leaders of the Guadalajara Cartel. He was, like the other 2 leaders, was convicted for the murder of Kiki Camarena.
- Isabella Bautista is Félix’s friend and business associate in the series. The character is based on a real person: Sandra Ávila Beltrán.
- Walt Breslin, as opposed to other characters mentioned above in the Netflix Mexico cast, is not based on a real character. He is the narrator of the story and never existed in real life.
- The last member of the Narcos Mexico cast that we are going to mention is Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán, who is considered to be one of the most powerful drug traffickers. He was sentenced to life imprisonment.